Welcome to our very first LKA newsletter!
We received such positive feedback from the updates we shared with our network about the Coronavirus financial measures early in the pandemic, we thought – why limit our communications to during a global crisis?
Our very ethos is to work with our clients throughout the year, as opposed to just at the year end, so let’s keep you up-to-date on a quarterly basis with timely updates; focused useful articles; key dates and top tips.
Britain’s economy has continued to grow this Summer with ‘pandemic spirit’ seeing a huge growth in start-up business. A recent NatWest report quotes that one in seven people plan to become entrepreneurs. In fact the 2008 global economic crisis saw the creation of Uber, WhatsApp, Instagram and Airbnb where business owners took advantage of lower rents and the availability of staff. What a great time to be in business!
Our team at LKA has spent a lot of time questioning how we can support our clients at this exciting period. We’ve beefed up our team bringing in more amazing talent and we’ve honed our vision: ‘To change the perception of accountants and be seen as trusted business advisors and partners’. Find out more about our vision and values here.
This month we’ve brought together some of the latest news are facts of interest to our network, including:
- Meet the LKA Team – an intro to each of our fabulous staff members, with a fantastic new photo from the brilliant Annie Armitage so you can put a face to the name
- VAT reduced rate for hospitality ending soon
- What happens after the furlough scheme ends
- Finance Director support at a fraction of the cost
- Tax on second properties – don’t get caught out
- Bookkeeping Tips
- Exit planning for your business
With best wishes,